We prepared a new version of a lecture planning system for one of the biggest universities in Poland. The first version was created in 2015, and after 5 years it became outdated/obsolete, the client asked us to prepare an updated version. As the client did not have an exact idea of what the update should comprise/look like/include, we held a workshop to check what we could improve.
- Making the tool accessible for people with disabilities in accordance with Polish governmental regulations
- Planning a complex system for managing lecturers' duty hours, room occupancy, current messages, lecture plans etc.
- Thoroughly testing the application to make sure that the user will be notified about conflicting results
Technologies and methodology
The system contains many complicated functionalities such as:
- A search engine (searching by: lecturers, activities, halls)
- Planning classes, taking into account the availability of lecturers and a potential conflict of rooms (e.g. too many students for the size of the room)
- Offline access for students via a Progressive Web App (PWA) website
- Calculating salaries for lecturers
- Notifications for students and lecturers
- Reports per lecturers, hall, group of students, activities etc.
See next case
4 Workshop - ecommerce platform
Car parts trading online store